In June, Google launched the Google Trusted Store badge, a trust seal specifically-made for ecommerce websites. According to Google's microsite about the badge, it has already helped some online merchants see increases in conversion rate of up to 9.6% and order size increase of up to 6.3%.
Just as the fabled Verisign/Norton seal lends its brand recognition to your ecommerce business, the Trusted Store Badge gives you the opportunity to borrow brand equity from Google.
Whether the badge will yield the same results that other retailers have seen is up to your visitors, but it is worth a try. A site-wide conversion rate increase is always nice, even if it's only by a few percentage points.
How to Setup the Badge
1. Go to the Trusted Store Badge Merchant sign-up page.
2. Fill out your Business Information.
3. Make sure you meet all necessary standards and requirements.
4. Setup your shipment and cancellation data feeds. For this, you may need a developer. What these do is match-up order IDs sent via the order confirmation page with shipping and cancellation feed data.
5. Finally, slap some code on your website.
What it looks like
Have you had success with the badge or any troubles setting it up? Let me know in the comments section below!