What is RSS?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication and is a technology that notifies users every time a website updates its content. It also allows users to read the updates without having to visit the website.
RSS feeds can be used to deliver information like:
- Recent blog post
- Articles from online publications
- Post from forums
- Retail specials and offers
RSS readers are used to track and read RSS feeds. Two popular RSS readers are:
- Simple to set up, organize, and stay up-to-date on your favorite sites’ content in one place
- Capability of sharing your favorite items with friends
- Connect to your favorite sites’ anytime with a mobile phone
Check out the Google reader tour.
- Use keywords to classify and archive read articles
- Simply share articles with friends
- Set up keywords alerts and receive notifications for feeds you subscribed to and did not