Media Website Design
Media Website SamplesOur designers are experts at creating websites that encourage visitors to interact with your content.
- Harper Collins Community Driven Social Network
- Smarties America's favorite candy has a new home!
- BizBash Full web redesign of the nation's largest event planning publication and directory
- Young Survival Coalition Website design for global breast cancer organization
- Tristan Clopet Email newsletters to reach fans of singer-songwriter.
- RaceFans TV Multimedia speed racing website
- Vencer Blog for a street wear and clothing brand
- Origin Digital Full redesign of live streaming and video management website
Case StudiesThrough website redesigns and online marketing, many of our media projects have seen tremendous increases in user engagement, time on site, and repeat visits.
Blue Fountain Media brought the Smarties brand into the 21st century with a newly designed Flash website and an adjoining B2B ecommerce site that depict a magical candy land for both children and adults to enjoy.
- Time spent on the website increased by 300%
- Bounce rates decreased by 25%
- Facebook fans increased from 900 to over 40,000
- Blog added to increase brand engagement and repeat visits to website
- Winter and Halloween variations of home page created to garner fan attention
With the help of a search engine optimization campaign and on-site optimization techniques, Popcorn Flix saw a tremendous lift in non-branded organic traffic to their movie streaming site
- Non-Branded Organic Traffic increased by 1,366%
- Gained over 1,000 Page 1 & 2 Google Search Result Keywords
- Total pageviews increased 94.15%
- Organic traffic bounce rate decreased by 12.38%
Young Survival Coalition
Blue Fountain Media developed a rich and dynamic website for Young Survival Coalition, customized with bulletin boards, community features, events, and social media features as simple as the click of the mouse.
- Increased time on site and average page views
- Organization of content present the ability to interlink site content and allow users to better engage in YSC
- Implemented meaningful and direct paths for users to explore site content, offerings, events, communities and resources.
- The website offers resources, connections, and outreach opportunities
An Effective Media Website Design...
A well-built website design for media highlights your brand by using interactive content that engages your audience and creates a lasting impression that encourages repeat visits. Video, audio, or compelling copy should come together to create a fluid, interactive experience that captures the interest of users who are learning about your brand and media content for the first time. Incorporating interactive functionality on your site that responds to audiences and their onsite actions will create a memorable experience for users who come to your website and allow them to more directly interact with your content. A great way to incorporate motion is to create interactive menus that mesh great multimedia content with easy website navigation.
Multimedia choices should be engaging and interesting but not overwhelming to users while simultaneously staying uncluttered and focused on your brand's fundamental selling points. Make sure that the multimedia you choose to use to interact with your audience doesn't detract from the overall site experience by creating things like slow load times and cluttered navigation. While engaging multimedia is great for website design, if it detracts from your website's ease-of-use it can ultimately prove to be more harmful than helpful. Make sure that the multimedia content you publish makes the audience experience on your site better with the content than it would be without it.
Giving your users a reason to come back is one of the primary objectives of any media website. Basic maintenance and constant updates on your website's content with new text, images, video and more will show audiences that your business puts out engaging quality content and takes the time to stay current with their online web presence. Taking these steps will build credibility with audiences and help create audience trust in your brand that will help bring them back to your site. Making sure that the regularly updated content you put out is unique and original to your brand and will help you stand out from the competitors in your field. Don't lose sight of the fact that just like any other well designed website; online persona, target audience, objectives, language, and tone are all important when creating content for a media website design.
Just because your site has a large multimedia element doesn't mean that updating website copy should take a back seat to the rest of your site. Copy on a multimedia website, although potentially less captivating to users than the website's multimedia elements, should be easy to read and accessible. Often this means presenting your copy in a large, easy to read font. Copy that you include on your site will also play a large role in keeping your search engine optimization efforts up to par and new organic users accessing your content.
The most effective media website designs are those that utilize captivating visuals and interactive features that integrate into the overall theme and message of a website. The media you choose to feature on your site should reflect your brand goals, whether that is spotlighting a product you are trying to sell or the brick and mortar business that customers should go visit it. Part of seamless integration is making sure that your website can be accessed from any device. Having great multimedia can be a unique and captivating addition to a website, but if it means missing out on audiences that are trying to access your website from mobile or tablet devices then your multimedia is doing more to hinder your brand than to help it. In order to avoid such issues it is important to build multimedia websites with a responsive design so that your captivating multimedia work is sure to draw in consumers from across all devices.