Every month, BFM recognizes an all-star team member as its “BFMer of the Month.” We’re excited to name our Art Director, Irina Likhashkina, as our October recipient!
We sat down with Irina to discuss her journey in the Digital Marketing industry, as well as her role here at Blue Fountain Media. Check out of the full interview below!
What has been your proudest moment at Blue Fountain Media?
- Every time when I see a genuine smile and positive reaction from our clients to the work we do.
If you could switch jobs with another BFMer, what role would you choose?
- Honestly… I love what I do and I would love continue doing that, so if I have to choose any other role it would be within design department.
What drew you to Blue Fountain Media originally? And how has Blue Fountain Media changed since?
- I started working at BFM 11 years ago when it was a small agency. We worked in a 2-bedroom apartment and we had about 15 people in the office and some people who worked overseas. We grew so much from that and it’s fascinating to see all this progress.
What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever received?
- Don't take criticism personally and there is no such thing as a “bad idea” when it comes to creative work.
How do you describe what you do for a living to family and friends?
- I say that I do web and graphic design, what it means is that I make websites that look pretty and functional so it would be easy for them to use. When they see a logo somewhere or a nice business card or receive a flyer on a street, etc. so I am the one who is responsible for how they look. And yes, sometimes I have to pull a few examples and point things out to make things more clear.
What’s your favorite catch phrase or quote?
- “If you are not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original” - Ken Robinson