A high percentage of our new business is in reference to prior clients--projects from other friends and colleagues. We also regularly receive thank you notes, emails, and at times even cupcakes from one of our favorite clients. (Wet Nose Guide!)
If every potential client wanted a reference, our current clients would be contacted many times a week. This is added stress on our clients and I wouldn't blame them if they started charging us an hourly rate! We do not disclose references for potential clients to contact, out of respect for our current clients.
A few other reasons are:
• We would never give a bad reference.
• Anyone can give a reference, how do you know it is real?
• Most importantly, freelancers give references, but no legitimate organization should give out the contact details of their clients. This may sound a little condescending but potential clients should do research, learn the strategy we implemented, and the execution that was accomplished.
What else can you do as a potential client?
• Go to our testimonials section
• Check out our work and the work of other companies
• Google the company and some of their key employees
Of course, if it comes down to the deciding factor on whether or not you would like to work with BFM, we would be happy to send a few references your way. Of course, we would ask our current clients' permission first.