Welcome to Talk Shop, where industry tips, insights, and more come directly from the experts on our team!
Twice a month, we grab a few select BFMers, sit them down, and pick their brains about what they do and how they do it. From marketing to design, to HR and beyond, everyone is fair game. Today we sat down with HR Director, Samantha Lambert to discuss topics such as her favorite thing about BFM to her favorite restaurants in NYC! Check it out below
What do you like most about working for Blue Fountain Media?
- I am incredibly humbled to have watched hundreds of employees grow at BFM and in their career. What I like most about working for BFM would have to be the people and the privilege seeing who they are on their first day and how they develop both professionally and as a person throughout their employment (and thereafter).
What kind of personality traits thrive the most in your department?
- Confident, good listener, assertive, organized, open-minded, accountable
How do you as a department manager motivate your team?
- I treat my team as equals; I create a rapport so that they do not want to let me down and I never want to let them down. (Raises/Bonuses help too!)
What do you think would make a person successful in your position?
- A successful HR director must be an empathetic but diplomatic decision maker and listener (switzzzzzzzerland)
What do you think your departments biggest strength is and why?
- Identifying not only top talent based on advanced skillsets but top talent that will also fit BFM’s culture and portray our core values each day
What are three words your friends would use to describe you?
- Organized, Confident, and Entertaining (FB comments are still coming in though!)
If your life was being made into a movie, which actor or actress would you choose to play you and why?
- Reese With or Christina Applegate … they are both capable of portraying my bubbly/energetic persona as well as the deeper, more serious side below the surface that not many people get the chance to know.
What failure have you learned the most from?
- I used to associate quitting with failure (as most do) but I learned the most valuable lesson from quitting… jobs, habits, ideas, and even people in my life.
What do you enjoy doing in your free time outside of work?
- I love writing poems and crafting.
What is your favorite restaurant to go to in New York City?
- RIP: Osteria Del Circo ☹
- Brennan & Carr in Brooklyn!!!
What type of music do you enjoy listening to?
- Alternative, Emo, Rock, 90s/00s Rap/R&B (anything but EDM/Electronica?)