In a little over 5 years the company has grown into the tristate’s largest singularly owned fleet of luxury vehicles, including sedans, SUVs, executive cars, limos, executive buses, party buses and wheelchair accessible vans.
Highly Competitive Market
As the black car and limo industry has expanded and matured, the level of competition within paid media and SEO has increased exponentially. Keyword competition has increased to the point where CPAs for certain journeys, when using only last touch attribution, indicate a negative ROI.
Despite the Luxor service 'difference' ensuring a very high level of customer satisfaction, consumers are increasingly fickle when they can switch between different apps and services with the swipe of a finger.
BFM integrated our reporting tool with Luxor’s backend booking system to merge business data and marketing data, to generate actionable insights around booking behavior.
- Informed the business and marketing strategy.
- Directly influenced the remarketing strategy.
- Enabled CPLs to be set on a campaign level (type of ride/destination and vehicle type), based on revenue and profitability of specific rides.
- Drove the promotional calendar, promo offers and email schedule.
Innovative Product Development
BFM developed complex backend functionality to provide services which the competition has yet to offer.
- On corporate accounts, gave company financial controllers the ability to track and control spend for individuals and on a group level.
- Enabled agents to book rides on behalf of customers using the customers' credit cards.
- Expanded the booking engine to include round-trip functionality which prompts airport bookings to reserve return journeys and onward journeys at the user's destination, meaning one sale conversion can generate up to 3 additional bookings.
- Enabled repeat bookings and edits to previous bookings.
Focus on Efficiency
With the rise in competition, additional media spend was required, but this was offset by increased efficiencies to ensure ROIs were always improving.
- Redesigned the booking engine and employed CRO to ensure on-site conversions were optimized and media spend maximized.
- Introduced new functionality to limit the number of Google Maps API calls that were being made, in the process reducing the number of calls by over a million a year creating a cost-saving of 40%.
- Looked beyond the New York footprint and developed effective international campaigns to attract the valuable foreign tourist market.
- Tested new channels to identify which represent conversion channels and which represent lead generation channels to feed the eCRM program.