On-Site optimization refers to the process of increasing the relevancy and crawlability of a website for targeted keywords to improve its rankings in organic search results. On-Site optimization is a critical portion of SEO that should not be neglected
On-Site Optimization Tips
Here are some common on-site optimization techniques. Read this SEOmoz article for a more comprehensive look at a “perfectly” optimized page.
- Defining landing pages based on groups of related keywords.
- Link to landing pages using relevant and consistent link anchor text.
- Place important keywords at the beginning of title tags.
- Use keyword optimized alt tags and filenames for all images.
- Use a consistent URL structure containing keywords that is user friendly.
- Create relevant and natural content containing targeted keywords.
- Refine the site architecture to distribute link juice to landing pages. Flatter website architecture is generally beneficial for ensuring minimal dilution of link juice.