What is a Wireframe?
A visual guide used to create a basic structure for a website interface before creating the final design for a website. Wireframes are normally produced in grayscale using off-the-shelf software such as Axure, Omnigraffle, or in the simplest form, paper and pencil.
Wireframes allow project team members and clients to do such things as:
- Test and refine navigation
- See how content lays out on the page
- Study and rapidly refine the user interface design of web forms and interactive elements
- Evaluate overall effectiveness of the page layout against usability best practices
- Determine web development/programming requirements
How to Make Wireframes
The video below demonstrates the process of designing a wireframe.